By Sergey Smirnov, Remco Dijkman, Jan Mendling, Mathias Weske (auth.), Jeffrey Parsons, Motoshi Saeki, Peretz Shoval, Carson Woo, Yair Wand (eds.)
th This e-book contains the complaints of the 29 overseas convention on Conceptual Modeling (ER 2010), which was once held this 12 months in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. Conceptual modeling will be regarded as mendacity on the confluence of the 3 major facets of knowledge know-how functions –– the area of the stakeholders and clients, the realm of the builders, and the applied sciences on hand to them. C- ceptual versions offer abstractions of assorted points relating to the improvement of platforms, reminiscent of the applying area, person wishes, database layout, and software program standards. those types are used to investigate and outline person wishes and method specifications, to aid communications among stakeholders and builders, to supply the foundation for structures layout, and to record the necessities for and the layout reason of constructed platforms. as a result of their position on the junction of utilization, improvement, and expertise, c- ceptual types could be vitally important to the profitable improvement and deployment of IT functions. as a result, the examine and improvement of tools, concepts, instruments and languages that may be utilized in the method of constructing, holding, and utilizing conceptual versions is of serious sensible and theoretical significance. Such paintings is c- ducted in academia, learn associations, and undefined. Conceptual modeling is now utilized in nearly all components of IT functions, and spans assorted domain names corresponding to organizational info platforms, platforms that come with really expert facts for spatial, temporal, and multimedia functions, and biomedical applications.
Read or Download Conceptual Modeling – ER 2010: 29th International Conference on Conceptual Modeling, Vancouver, BC, Canada, November 1-4, 2010. Proceedings PDF
Similar international books
In lots of medical or engineering purposes, the place traditional differen tial equation (OOE),partial differential equation (POE), or quintessential equation (IE) versions are concerned, numerical simulation is in universal use for prediction, tracking, or keep watch over reasons. in lots of situations, even if, profitable simulation of a strategy has to be preceded through the answer of the so-called inverse challenge, that's often extra advanced: given meas ured information and an linked theoretical version, confirm unknown para meters in that version (or unknown capabilities to be parametrized) in this type of approach that a few degree of the "discrepancy" among information and version is minimum.
Floods represent a continual and major problem through the usa and plenty of different components of the realm. they're respon sible for losses amounting to billions of bucks and rankings of deaths each year. nearly all elements of the nation--coastal, mountainous and rural--are tormented by them.
- Advances on Computational Intelligence: 14th International Conference on Information Processing and Management of Uncertainty in Knowledge-Based Systems, IPMU 2012, Catania, Italy, July 9-13, 2012. Proceedings, Part I
- Intersections without Traffic Signals: Proceedings of an International Workshop, 16–18 March, 1988 in Bochum, West Germany
- Marine Combustion Practice
- Positive Systems: Proceedings of the third Multidisciplinary International Symposium on Positive Systems: Theory and Applications (POSTA 2009) Valencia, Spain, September 2-4, 2009
- Graph Drawing: 20th International Symposium, GD 2012, Redmond, WA, USA, September 19-21, 2012, Revised Selected Papers
- Automation in blood transfusion: Proceedings of the Thirteenth International Symposium on Blood Transfusion, Groningen 1988, organized by the Red Cross Blood Bank Groningen-Drenthe
Additional resources for Conceptual Modeling – ER 2010: 29th International Conference on Conceptual Modeling, Vancouver, BC, Canada, November 1-4, 2010. Proceedings
Such an Order-to-Revenue process involves a number of workﬂows that utilize various operational (OLTP) databases. A Shopping subprocess would support the customer browsing and the shopping cart. A Checkout subprocess would validate the order and get payment authorization. A Delivery subprocess would package and ship the order. Figure 2 illustrates how the shopping subprocess sends order details of the shopping cart to the checkout process. In turn, the check-out subprocess sends a validated order to the delivery subprocess.
Example 7) Agent x’s commitment C(x, y, g0 , g1 ) is supported if he can get C(z, x, g2 , g1 ) from some z and if x supports g2 . Example 7. Jim wants to achieve goal tanker truck used. It makes C2 to Brigade 1 so that tanker service paid is achieved. In such a way, it can get C3 from Tanker 1. 4 Formalization We now formalize the notion of a variant. This formalization is not specific to any individual agent—it forms the common semantic substrate upon which we later build a comprehensive adaptation framework.
5. Commitment redundancy: Jim gets C4 from Tanker 2 Fig. 6. Switch debtor: Jim releases Tanker 1 from C3 and takes C4 from Tanker 2 when a commitment from someone else is at risk due to the surrounding environment, and a different commitment is more likely to succeed. Example 3. (Fig. 5) Jim doesn’t trust Tanker 1 much for C3 . Therefore, he decides to get a similar commitment C4 from Tanker 2. Tactic 4 (Switch debtor). (Example 4) Get a commitment for the same state of the world but from a different debtor agent.
Conceptual Modeling – ER 2010: 29th International Conference on Conceptual Modeling, Vancouver, BC, Canada, November 1-4, 2010. Proceedings by Sergey Smirnov, Remco Dijkman, Jan Mendling, Mathias Weske (auth.), Jeffrey Parsons, Motoshi Saeki, Peretz Shoval, Carson Woo, Yair Wand (eds.)